Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Pembrokeshire Cubs Chess and Draughts Competition

20130125_092854



On the 19th of January 2013 I went to Pembrokeshire Cub Scouts Chess & Draughts Competition in Goodwick.

 I saw my friend, James who belongs to a different pack. 

I chose to play Draughts because I’m better at it.  I won four games.

We didn’t win any trophies like we did last time but we had fun and played our best.

Akela, Mowgli and Ziggy said,
“We would like to thank Danny, Findley, Jake and Luke for their plumb determination, dedication and staying power at the Chess and Draughts event held on Saturday. Although we did not come away with any trophies, they came away knowing that they played their best and were fantastic ambassadors for 2nd Milford Haven. And they all said that they had had a great time. Well done boys.”

 
I liked talking to my Cub’s pack in between my games.  We are planning a Cubs Fun Day.

 

On the journey we saw a lot of snow, but I’m glad the roads were clear so we got to take part.

 
Do you like playing Chess and Draughts?

 

It’s fun!  I have my own wooden set but I’d love a Hobbit Chess set.


How awesome is that?

See ya!

Danny 


 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danny, I found your blog because I'm teaching a workshop about blogging for Family Learning Week and I'll include you in the list of blogs we look at. I like the variety of things you post about. And btw my husband learned to play chess when he was little and he now loves playing it to relax in the evenings, he's really good. I'd love to learn but it's hard to start when you are 40 years old like me!!!

    ReplyDelete