Pages

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Mona Hatoum

Hey,

In school I am learning about Mona Hatoum.  She is a Palestinian  artist (Mum edit:  She was born in Lebanon but considers herself Palestinian)  I like her sculptures (Mum edit:  She creates art installations).

She was always good at art but her dad did not want her to be an artist but I'm glad she is an artist.

I like her art because she can use everyday objects and furniture to mean something.

One sculpture looks like a cheese grater, but it is massive.

 
It is 6 foot like my dad.  It is sharp and dangerous.

I listened to this interview.

I'm going to make a sculpture from everyday objects too.

Do you like her work?  Which artists do you like?

Bye

Danny

1 comment:

  1. Making sculpture from everyday object & furniture is not easy thing. I would like share a link for active & creative kids which may help them to plan their after school program: https://www.iquriouskids.com/kids-activities/all-locations/all-categories.

    ReplyDelete